As Cop26 is taking place, now feels like the perfect time to discuss the importance of climate change. If you didn't already know, we're big on doing our bit for the planet at Gunna. In this blog, we're going to share some of our initiatives. And, we'll share some top tips on what we can do as individuals to save our planet. Thank you for joining us on our journey as we strive to serve up environmentally friendly drinks with real flavour and true character.Eco-friendly soft drinks
In case you missed the memo, Gunna is a carbon-negative brand. But what does that mean?
In response to the climate emergency the world is facing, we acted fast and urge other brands to do the same. To save our planet, Gunna officially pledged to go carbon-negative.
Being a carbon-negative brand means that we'll eliminate twice the carbon we create by supporting handpicked projects around the world each year.
We've carefully chosen three projects to support, Clean Ocean (worldwide), Afforestation (Rio Kama, Nicaragua) and Solar Energy (Outapi, Namibia). To read more about the projects and the difference they make, click here.
By pledging in 2021, Gunna is officially the UK's most carbon-negative craft soft drink, and that's something we're proud as punch about.
Beyond our carbon-negative pledge, here are just some of the things we're doing as a company to reduce our carbon footprint:
- Gunna Drinks cans are fully recyclable.
- Our team have meticulously handpicked our suppliers and partners with the planet at the forefront of our decisions.
- Our craft soft drinks get produced on a site that uses 100% renewable energy.
- Our production site has earned a prestigious lean & green star; this means their transport emission is 20% lower than the industry average.
- Our fruits and flavours come from a supplier that was named one of the most ethical companies in the world in 2020.
- Our chosen carbon reduction projects (listed above) also have wider social benefits.
- As a company, we pledge to continue selecting further eco-projects in the foreseeable future and work towards further lowering our carbon footprint.
Becoming carbon negative is just the tip of the iceberg; there's work to be done, and we want to lead the way. So, we want to round off this blog post with some top tips on how you can do your bit for the planet without too much effort required.
- Save energy; from switching off standby appliances to being mindful of using the heating, there are plenty of ways to use less energy.
- Eat less meat; the production of meat is one of the most significant contributions to climate change. Not convinced? Watch Cowspiracy.
- Use reusable alternatives; single-use products, particularly plastic, is a no-no!
- Go paperless; save some trees by being mindful of printing and receiving documents digitally rather than by post.
- Switch to renewable energy; if possible, consider powering your home with renewable energy – it's more affordable and accessible than ever.
- Recycle and reuse; not only should you be putting your rubbish and recycling in the correct bins, always try to get the maximum lifespan from your products.
- Grow your own produce; not only does this eliminate the need for pesticides that contribute to air and water pollution, but it's a fun project too!
- Save water; if you're one of those who leave taps running, it's time to put a stop to that.
Remember, change starts with us. It's the small things that make the big difference.
Psst, if you're in search of planet-friendly soda, you can count on Gunna.